14/11/2012

193 | Excelsior




Yeah, apparently, it's when I'm the most busy that I draw the most, go figure.
I actually drew this a while back, so it doesn't have anything to do with the recent Marc Webb movie. I had chosen Gwen Stacy because I like her more than Mary-Jane ; I discovered the character when I read the old Amazing Spider-man comics in highschool - until then, I didn't even know Spiderman ever went out with anyone but Mary-Jane - and I loved her storyline and its tragic end. I always thought Spiderman would make an awesome TV drama (I'm more a TV shows guy than a movie guy). Gwen's tragic death would totally make the best last scene for a season finale, don't you think ? (What, "spoiler" ? I mean, she died in 1973 ! Wake up !).
Et un nouveau fan-art, un ! En fait, j'ai fait cette illustration il y a un bail, mais je viens juste de la retrouver dans mon carnet de croquis alors j'ai décidé de l'encrer et de la colorier en expérimentant un peu. J'avais choisi Gwen Stacy plutôt que MJ, non pas à cause du récent film, mais parce que depuis que j'ai découvert le personnage (assez tard), j'ai toujours voulu qu'une série ou autre aborde son histoire, que je trouve vraiment intéressante et tragique. On verra ce qu'en feront les scénaristes du second film. Je me suis toujours dit qu'une série à la Smallville (moins le coté niais) serait géniale pour explorer Spiderman, mais ça n'a pas été fait et je pense qu'il a suffisamment été adapté comme ça maintenant, donc tant pis !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment !